Fellows...think about this,seriously! There are NO japanese mobile radio
transmitters rated for 100% duty cycle,most are 20%! What happens when
they overheat? Before they blow up,they put out spurs and junk all over
the spectrum! Adding a fan will help,but only delays the inevatible
failure. Now on to the receiver...most are designed to be
broadbanded,have lousy front ends and mixers,are prone to overload and
intermod,not what you want. Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on a
pair of mobiles when the commercial surplus is available cheaper? You
know-THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!!!
I am not just saying this to be mean,I have lived it! I have built
repeaters out of the strangest things and learned what works best at the
most reasonable price. Leave your mobile rigs in your mobile stations!
The right "tools" are out there....73,Lee