skipp025 wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> In the real world, not really.
>
> There would be serious signal coupling from one antenna
> to the other.  If there was enough frequency and physical
> distance to provide a min isolation you might get away
> with it if your connected equipment/system was good enough.
>
> I was trying to think of an application for a same band
> dual feed antenna...  The first thing that comes to mind
> is multiple repeater site combined transmitters spread
> over two or more antennas to get around some of the more
> brutal multi hybrid combiner system loses.

A 5-ch UHF trunked system we maintain was originally setup that way,
with rx on the top half and tx on the botttom half. LOTS of IM problems,
desense, etc. Course the fact that the tx/rx separation was a harmonic
of the spacing between channels didn't help. 8.8Mhz t/r and 800Khz
between channels...=cP

We replaced the antennas with a pair of Scala OGB-5's, rx on top and tx
abt 15' down and 3-4' out from the tower (that's roof level actually).
MUCH improved.
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL