Hello Group,

What I have seen in the past on these types of PA's is that the power control circuit/voltage actually oscillates and causes all sorts of problems.  Check it with an oscilloscope to find out for sure.  A good capacitor placed in the correct place usually fixes that problem.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Randy Nelson
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 9:58 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Which radios are the best?

Glad to hear you have good success with a 40 watt radio turned down to 8 watts.  There was some discussion on here some time ago that Motorola radios become unstable when turned down with which I disagree.

I have had good success turning GM300s down to save finals for those long winded QSOs.  They all have fans too however.

The GM300s have always looked good on the spectrum analyzer even when turned down.

Randy
WB0VHB

Andrew G. wrote:
We have a 40watt GM300 driving a 100watt Henry with 8watts for over a year without failure. Pretty good setup.

Andy KC2GOW

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS