At 01:32 PM 2/25/06, you wrote:

>Sorry for the repost but I can't believe no one is using a Maratrac as a
>repeater transmitter.
>
>I have a Maratrac and don't know whether to use it as my repeater
>transmitter or opt for a Mitrek instead.  Any opinions?
>
>Randy
>WB0VHB

Think of a Maratrac as a 100w trunk mount 99-channel
Maxtrac. It has all of the problems that a synthesized
low duty cycle mobile radio would have in repeater duty,
plus a potential cooling problem.

If you can live with a low duty cycle, and noisy sidebands,
I guess it would work, but personally I'd keep the Maratrac
as a mobile and use something made for the job.

Mike WA6ILQ