At 05:52 AM 03/09/06, you wrote:
The backplane needs jumpers 1,4,5 only.. remove all others. I can email you the complete conversion process that I use, or fax it to you. Here is a good start on things.   I've done about 15 of them so far with success.if you plan to use a controller, then the only card you will need is the station control card, with the correct jumper arrangement. it is normal to lose rx audio with the wireline driver card out, but a jumper between pins 6 and 14 of J2, the long strip of exposed pins on the lower part of the backplane will return your audio.

That jumper hooks receiver audio to the speaker amplifier input.
If you mount a SPDT toggle switch under the volume and squelch
controls with the armature on the amplifier input and one side on
the receiver output and the other side on the transmitter audio input
then you can monitor either audio source (i.e in the transmitter
position you can hear the controller responses - the IDer, the
reset beep, the function complete acknowledgement, etc.

Or put a rotary switch in and use the other positions to monitor
audio from NOAA receivers, to / from link receivers/transmitters,
to/from remote bases, etc.

The station card needs JU2 thru 9 in, and JU10 out. You will need to
add an IRC510 mosfet to J5, the row of pins on the upper part of
the backplane, to switch pins 19 and 20 together on transmit,
getting the voltage frompin 25 of the same J5.

That just switches the transmitter channel element on and off.
You can use the existing antenna relay switching transistor on
the station card (repeaters have no antenna relay, so it's unused)
to do the same thing.

Three days ago, (March 6th, about 4:30pm) I did a posting on
this same topic to a gentleman who was asking about hooking a
unified station to an Arcom 210 controller.  Rather than post a
long brain dump again , I suggest that you backstep and read it.

Mike WA6ILQ

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS