Al,

Using 3 1/8" Heliax is approaching the proper length to diameter
ratio for optimum Q which should provide a deeper notch and increase
the total isolation.  It may even be enough to eliminate one cavity
per leg.  All of the designs I've seen use the foam type, I doubt the
air line insulator supports will provide enough mechanical stability.

Bruce, WB6ARE