I wouldn't be surprised if Ted (MDM Radio) has a
manual for it.

It's probably what Heathkit copied for their dev'n
meter. Basically a 25-50 MHz VFO and an IF strip with
a calibrated meter, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

If that's what it is, apply a signal and tune the VFO
to a sub-harmonic for maximum peak with the meter in a
"tune" position, then switch to read the deviation. If
there's a 2 kHz position, it might (like the Heathkit)
put a low-pass filter in the audio stage just so it
primarily reads PL.

Depending on how you tune the VFO, you will find two
signal peaks, so you can read positive or negative
deviation.

Edison is probably the company name that took over
Measurements corp; they were both out of Boonton NJ
and made a lot of stuff that Motorola sold, including
a matching signal generator.

Of course I could be 100% wrong, too.

Bob M.
======