Final post:  Depending on size (dia.) and length you might consider
getting sheet copper of the appropriate thickness and having a
sheetmetal fabrication shop cut it and roll it to your dimensions.
They could also form a lap seam or lock seam where the 2 edges meet
and cut your end plates too.  You might also want to consider
aluminum, problably cheaper, if you have access to a TIG or heliarc
welder.  Try a local or area trade school and talk to the welding
instructor.  They might build what you want just for the student
practice.

Buenos Noches Doug N3DAB