On Saturday 25 March 2006 23:08, Paul Finch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this is off-topic but I don't know where to ask this question.  I
> have sent a email to the Hamfest folks by the way, who knows if they will
> respond.
>
> Has anyone looked at the space price listed on their website?  It is a
> graduated price scheme, the more spaces you buy the more it costs you!  The
> price for 3 spaces is almost twice what 2 spaces costs!
>
> Why do they do that?  They seem to me to be the highest priced Hamfest,
> anyway this price scheme is just strange!  Who is getting rich there?
> Somebody must be!
>
> Paul

I strongly suspect that the price ramp up is to encourage more smaller
spaces and thus increase the diversity of equipment.  I can remember
when friends had real problems getting into the flea market.  I'm pretty
sure there were a lot of double and triple space sellers say 10 years ago.

If you think that this doesn't make sense, you should be emailing the
people there.  Looking at the web site it seems that
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be good
places to direct your feelings.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82