-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of ldgelectronics
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:24 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SPAM] [Repeater-Builder] Re: Adding Bandpass Can to Duplexer

Herold,

I agree that it would be a ton easier with a network analyzer.

What happened in my case was the loop in the PD-1173 can was about
8.5 inches long (8.5" down and 8.5" back up). It seemed that was way
longer as compared to what was seen in other bandpass cans. After
reading the theory page on Repeater-Builder from John Portune W6NBC,
he says it really doesn't matter the size or shape of the loop (as
far as the response goes).

But as you mentioned, the loop length DOES effect the jumper length
required.

So after taking a few other bandpass cans apart and measuring their
loops, I decided to cut the PD loops down to 3.5 inches. This allowed
the jumpers that were the same length as on the duplexer to give a
good match.

In the end, it was a lot of reading, followed by some good
suggestions from this group (and recognizing the need for a network
anlyzer).

Dwayne Kincaid
WD8OYG

> Not exactly right.
>
> The length of the cable between the pass cavity and a notch or pass
> reject cavity has to be 1/4 wave length including the length of the
> loop in the bandpass cavity and that is why the cable lengths are
> different for different cavity brands that have different loop
sizes.

> If the length of that cable is too short for the mounting
arrangement,