Dayton Hamvention Reply back (as requested)

My friend Tom replied with the following information:

[paste]

Hi Skipp...
The pricing scheme for flea market spaces had been in place for
many, many years, and is intended to discourage the larger
vendors from hogging all the spaces, while keeping things less
expensive for the guy who just wants to sell a few things he's
had lying about in his shack. Interestingly enough, the average
vendor buys just over two spaces ( kinda like the average American
family has 2.4 kids!). Also, this  means that the vendors who
buy a lot of spaces, and generally require a bit more attention
and effort from the committee, pick up their share of the costs.

The comment about the 2-way shops is pretty astute, and is also
true for the build-your-own computer parts places, who have a
tough time competing with a $400 pre-assembled PC.

There is also the e-bay factor, although that seems to work both
ways, as I have had several people tell me they buy things there
for the purpose of bringing them to Dayton to resell.

The right place to go for information is [EMAIL PROTECTED],
but if that isn't getting any response, send a message to chair@
hamvention.org (and a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED], the asst. GC). That's the
big boss, and he doesn't like it when inquiries go unanswered. He
has the power to make heads roll.

Regards,
Tom

[end paste]