Hi,
I have a significant collection of service manuals for various
commercial two-way radios which I'd like to scan into Adobe Acrobat
and make available via the Repeater Builder web site. The makes and
models include RCA 500, 700 & 1000 VHF & UHF, and G.E. models from
MASTR Exec through MASTRIII, Phoenix, MVS, and others.
I'd like recommendations on flat bed scanners suitable for scanning
these documents. I have two now that use the USB interface, but
they're slow, and they only accommodate 8-1/2" x 11" paper. A
relatively fast scanner with a larger surface (for those fold out
sheets) would be nice. I suspect someone on the list knows of such a
machine that they'd recommend.

P.S. Purely as a preemptive measure, please don't ping me for a list
of the manuals I have available just yet. I haven't gotten that far
into organizing them. Rest assured I'll be offering them to the ham
community later this year.

Flat bed scanner recommendations, anyone?

Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC
http://www.people.vanderbilt.edu/~robin.midgett/index.htm