I had a question from a friend which I can't answer ... I've never
heard what he's referring to. Is there anyone here who can confirm or
correct this:

"One of our local repeaters has a popping noise that gets severe
during high wind conditions.  I have "heard" that LMR type coax can
cause this noise. Various reasons have been discussed including the
dis- similar metels between the inner and outer shield, also nicking
the copper clad on the center conductor.  I am told this condition
only occurs on a repeater using the same coax for Rx and Tx. The
repeater in question has a very clear signal when transmitting, the
noise only comes on while receiving a signal, both with and without
modulation.  This leads me to susspect the "dis-similar metals" theory."

I'd appreciate any insight you may have on the question, preferably
directly to me

Thanks in advance
Terry
WX7S