Doug,

I have 3 patterns for you.

First, If you do not want any signal to go "N"  and the signal equal around
to the South then take the dipoles and place them in a 60 degree
orientation. The 2 on the top section should be 180 from each other to the
East and West and the 2 on the bottom should set at a 60 degrees. The 2
lower dipoles should be aligned 30 degrees to the east and West of the South
alignment.

This will give you a fairly good pattern for the area that you want to
cover.

The second pattern that will work is to place the dipoles in a 70 degree
pattern. Using South as the Zero degree alignment, 1 each at 35 degrees to
the East and West and the others at 70 degrees past that. This will leave a
150 degree arc or 75 degrees off North. This will provide a little to the
North but not very much.

The first or second will work very well. If you need a little more to the
south then take the top at 180 degrees and the bottom towards the south at
90 degrees. This will give you a little more gain to the South than to the
East and West.

We had to do this in South Texas to keep a FED signal out of Mexico. The
first is the one we used and it is still in use today.

Charles Miller