On 4/9/06, Mike Perryman K5JMP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Sir,
You might want to re-state your previous comment..

"I guess this group quickly assumes the ->lowest common denominator<- when responding to technical inquiries. :( "

<sigh> (not primarily responding to the comment above)

Geez, the lowest common denominator I was referring to was intelligence, not radio service. Many of the responses I got off list were bashing me for allowing a ham repeater to be allowed "public access" via the PBX. Something that I never stated. I got some lovely hate comments to my initial post were "hey stupid, how are you going to stop Joe Unlicensed from bootlegging on your repeater. The FCC is going to love you, jerk" types of replies.

I didn't know ham radio suffered from a low level of self esteem to automatically assume the worst possible connotation in someone's comments. I was told that this was a better list to ask my question than the LMR list because there was a better level of expertise here. Instead, I get abused by list members who assume ham radio is the center of the universe.

Enough about this. Thread closed, I'm done. I did appreciate the very few civil and informative responses to my inquiries.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS