-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Eric Lemmon
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:32 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Sinclair Q-201G duplexer

Ken,

I think the "stock answer" is the one to follow.  Actually, since the
bandpass tuning on a typical BpBr duplexer is rather broad, while the notch
tuning is very sharp, better results might be achieved by tuning the center
(bandpass) rod so that the notch is where you want it, rather than looking
for minimum attenuation of the pass frequency.  Moreover, the pass-to-notch
spacing does not always remain constant as the cavity rod is tuned.

I'm so used to using a network analyzer to tune a duplexer, that it wouldn't
occur to me to tune only half of the functions.  There's real satisfaction
in getting a duplexer exactly on the money.  I guess I don't understand why
the question was asked.  With the right equipment, a complete duplexer
tuning only takes a few minutes, so there's no great amount of time to be
saved by skipping part of the procedure.

I've tuned quite a few Sinclair Q-201 and Q-202 duplexers, and I find it
useful to tune each cavity separately before hooking them together.  Very
seldom is any tweaking needed.  As always, YMMV!

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY