> Johnny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Setting the transmit freq on an Aru251 is a process.

Very true.. a long one at that... at least to do it right.

> Once you power it up, it takes about an hour for the
> crystal oven to really stabilize.

It's actually just some piggy back parts on the crystal,
not a complete oven.  I'd give it at least a few hours
warm up after a few different long term power on/off
cycles.  The new crystals will drift quite a bit and settle
down after some power cycles have occured and you've
let it sit on for a few hours min.

> After each adjustment , key it a few times and let
> it set for a few minutes.

Operation of the transmitter shouldn't really change the
actualy TX Crystal frequency, just the temp of the tx rf
power amp heat sink.

cheers,
skipp