At 5/28/2006 10:38, you wrote:

>Geez, lots of discussion, but nobody answered the question.
>
>RF Connection (www.therfc.com) has RF-grade RCA males, standard solder-on
>type (no strain relief or anything).  Short center pin, silver plated,
>Teflon dielectric.  If you can't find them on the web site, call and ask for
>Joel and tell him what you need, he'll know what you're talking about.
>
>                                                 --- Jeff

Jeff:

Thanks a bunch for the info.  As usual your contributions to this forum are
most valued.

To everyone else: my apologies for not fully describing what I was looking
for; guess I thought everyone would know when I said "RF" RCA & made
reference to the innards of the G.E. radios that use plastic molded
versions of those connectors (I think Eric got it right too, though I think
I'll stay clear of Hamtronics as I've never known any of their stuff to
meet spec out of the box (doesn't mean it's bad, just has to be fully
checked out first & I don't have time for that now)).  I don't care how
long the center pin is, as I just cut it down to whatever works.  What I DO
need is a male RCA connector such that the center conductor of RG-223 goes
up inside the hollow center pin of the connector, where it is soldered, &
the outer conductor is all metal & has no "tail" like your typical audio
connector.  The shield simply fans over the back of the connector & is
soldered down to same.  I've previously checked these connectors & had very
good results.

I almost broke out the digicam to snap a pic of my last connector, but
thought "nah, you guys know what I'm talking about".  Next time, pics!

Bob NO6B