-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of muahhh
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:25 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Problem of repeater after lighting striked RX
antenna

Hi..

Recently, the repeater I was maintaining was hit by lightning. The
whole antenna was gone, and our turbo fans were fried..

However, luckily, all the radios are still on..

I've changed the RX antenna, the pre-amp and the lightning arrester.
However, when we tested, between two points, let's say A and B.. A is
nearer to the repeater and B is further.. when A calls B, B could
hear, but when they reply back A couldn't hear..

What could be the problem? I've changed the RX radio, but still the
situation is like this.. it seems that the coverage of the repeater
is smaller than before..

Is there any thing that i should check also or changed.. What should
i do when lightning strikes..?

Thanx

Fred