Okay,
Unlikley, but the problem nevertheless.  Our preamp was fried on our site.  Even though it seemed to be working fine for all of the other stations that are hooked up to it.  Weird, but problem solved. You can now hit our machine over 40 miles away on an HT at 5w.  Thanks and good luck with yours.
Dan

"Adam T. Cately" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >interference reduction, and EMP protection for C-E facilities.
>
>Whatever "C-E" facilities are.... maybe communications and electronics ??

All over our shop, which used to be Motorola-owned, are asset stickers
which say 'Motorola C & E' - it's been told to me that this stands for
'Motorola Communications and Electronics.'

Your assumption is astute...

- Adam -