At 11:17 AM 6/4/2006 -0700, you wrote:

>Soooo, the obvious question is:  How does one tell the difference between K2
>versions 1 and 2?  Are they physically the same, with no difference in the
>front panel controls?  Is there a clue on the data plate, or must I find out
>the hard way, when my KPG-66D software hiccups?

<---That's a really good question! I've never asked my Kenwood rep about
serials or manufacture date as it relates to Version 2s (sounds like I
should bug 'em about this). But as I remember, Version 2s started shipping
around October of 2004

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net