At 11/16/2006 15:12, you wrote:
>All I could find on the 8500 is a manual in russian.
>
>But I would be glad to get the information on the truth table for
>future reference.

Page 55 of the FT-8500 user manual:

"The PCC (Personal Computer control) System in the FT-8500 provides control
of frequency, VFO, memory, and other settings using an external personal
computer.  This allows multiple control operations to be fully automated as
single mouse click or keystroke operations on the computer keyboard."

It goes on to say you need the optional FIF-232C interface box (apparently
just a RS232-422 converter; doable with a single Maxim MAX232 IIRC).  The
data goes in at 9600 bps on the PKS pin (pin 3) of the FT-8500 data
connector (GND is pin 2).

The data format is in a couple of charts that I can't easily scan right now
because my flatbed scanner is full of shims for optimized slide
scanning.  If there is interest & no one can find this manual on the web,
I'll try to scan it tomorrow or Saturday & post a link to the pics.  I can
tell you that every button on the FS-10 can be emulated, as well as
joystick movement & even the PTT button!

Bob NO6B