At 09:21 AM 11/24/2006, you wrote:

>I am helping the club bring an repeater back up on air, and I am working on
>the controller. I am trying to change the callsign in it, I have found what
>info I need, but my question to the group is- The controller uses a 27c64
>EPROM, and all I have is 2764 types? Can I use the ones I have, or do I need
>to get the right one? I am new to the EPROM world, so I don't know much
>about them.

<---Yes Mike you can use the "non-C" type. (the C type is simply a
low power cmos version). The one you have will draw a little more
current but nothing to worry about I'm sure

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net