What sort of trunking system are you referring to? If you're talking about
a Motorola SmartNet trunking system then there is normally no voice audio
on the control channel (unless the system is specifically set up to use
the control channel as a voice channel when no other channels are
available). All that will usually be heard on the control channel is the
3600bd control channel data.

If you're talking about an LTR trunking system then that is different, but
I wasn't aware that Motorola made an MTX with LTR software.

My recollection is also that the conventional channels that are used in
the radio service mode are not the same as those generally allocated for
trunking channels anyway. They're only intended for use on the service
bench to align and test the radio.

>From my experience (admittedly only 4 or 5 years) in specifying, building
and configuring Motorola SmartNet and LTR trunking systems, you'd have to
be pretty unlucky for the actual trunking system to use one of the
channels used by the radios in service mode at all, let alone for a voice
channel. Motorola are generally very security conscious and I would think
they would be unlikely to let that one slip through.

Still, if you're concerned discuss it with your local Motorola
representative or dealer. If it is a genuine security risk then they will
need to assist you in finding a suitable solution.

Rodney.