Hi Bill,

It's a pretty good dollar value for an easy ID'er option. I
built and installed one in a UHF Repeater.  The major pain is
the audio output (speaker) line is pretty much square waves
so you should consider a low pass filter. Even a simple rc
filter circuit does wonders to clean up the audio output.

The other pain is its 5 volt only operation. Unless you have
5 volts regulated in your repeater a 3-Terminal Voltage Regulator
type circuit needs to be made & installed along with the id'er.

Cheers,
skipp