Bill Powell wrote:
> ???
>
> Two different topics.
> 1) I'm looking to inexspensively remote some bases and repeaters.
> 2)The county has already contracted with Motorola to upgrad its
> microwave system to digital (thus providing "spare" channels for my
> use) and for the complete simulcast system leaving a few "unused"
> Quantars in-place and available for re-use - 1 0r 2 possibly for RACES.
> Bp

Just to get everyone on the same page: Simulcast means transmitting on
the *same frequency* from more then one site. If you are sending the
same information on more then one frequency from the same or several
sites, it's called multi-casting or multi-site.
When you link two different repeaters together, it is NOT simulcast.

Bill, I think you've got a great opportunity to put together a sweet
linked system!

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL