> "Jim B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Umm-I got a question-are you converting the rx to narrowband?

The receiver does both wide and narrow band scan with programming
so it hears both band-widths/modes.

> Otherwise, when they start putting people 7.5 Khz from your
> input, you'll hear them-fuzzy, but you'll hear them.

I understand what you're saying but for a number of reasons it's
not (yet) a problem. Nor do I/we expect it to be a problem with
the described system.  But never say never...

> I'm hearing that on VHF systems already, with off-freq
> narrowband stuff trashing a wide-band system.

It's all about the location, receiver and various pre-selection
& filters used.

> Yeah, what you've got is not a bad way to transition, but
> eventually  you'll want to pull the wideband rx's when they
> start putting people on adjacent freqs.

It's easy enough to use an F-center detect circuit if it were a
problem for us.  But the newer receivers are pretty tight.

Not related to the dual-width system... I have more problems on
VHF with co-channel legacy system distant high-powered base stations
taking out the local mobiles on the repeater inputs. A hot summer
day makes for even more fun when someone in another state captures
the local traffic.

> Jim Barbour
> WD8CHL

The example multi-width system I mentioned can actually stay in
service long term. The user will simply stop using the wide band
input function and the receiver system remains the same. Over time
I would expect everyone to be forced to narrow-band but we're
operational now in both modes and covered up until that time...

Cheers Jim,
skipp