From: "DCFluX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Mini Audio Amplifier time... circuit
revisions.

Point of order:

Depending on the make and design of your amplifier, Make sure the
input to the LM-386 is not left 'floating'. Other wise the amp makes
one of the nicest broad-band AM recievers you can get.

A 10K pull low resistor is all it takes. Also a 470pF capacitor to
ground will help in high RF enviroments.

On 1/3/07, skipp025 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm real glad to see a number of you already know about the Mini
> Amplifier.
>
> Just for the sake of trivia..
>
> There are at least three versions of the Mini Amplifier all being
> the same basic animal.  One of the first versions used the lm-386
> with a transistor stage in front.  The diagram for the circuit was
> on a paper label inside the case (very nice) and it was slightly
> larger than the current Mini Amplifier.  Working from memory I
> believe it doesn't need a blocking capacitor in that model.
>
> The current Shack version is part number 277-1008 although I also
> have a version with the 1008c suffix.
>
> > "Adam T. Cately" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I wish I could mount mine into my line test meter...
>
> Also know that Turkey Shaft (aka Radio Shack) sells or sold
> what you would call the same type amplifier pc board in kit
> form (some years back).  I haven't looked to see if they still
> sell the kit but you can find mini audio amplifier kits using
> the LM-386 and a number of other devices.  Check with Marlin P
> Jones, Jameco and KitsRus for those type of items.  It wouldn't
> be much to mount a mini amplifier into a lot of small places.
>
>  [paste]
> > Sits on the lab bench ready to amplify as long as the 9 VDC
> > battery is good. Well worth every penny!
> > Ralph W4XE
>
> Can't seem to find my "Battery Club Card" anymore...  Now I've
> got to remember to shut the power off or else.
>
> s.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: