Moving the RP71K up to 900 would be a $#8& ... not in my opinion
worth the trouble.  These type/series of Standard Desktop repeaters
are a pain to service - work on - mod - repair.

The GE-MVP 800 goes up to 900 with reduced power.  In a few weeks
I might let you know how some older midland syntechs work on 900
in repeater service.

But the standard repeater is kind of self abuse... I have three
or four in service... that love - hate type thing.

cheers,
skipp