Ron,

Yes, as a matter of fact, we are using half-duplex transceivers for each
link, and some links go through multiple "hops" which makes your 24
input tail beep generater method unusable.

We do infact put a tail beep on each transceiver (only when the received
signal is coming in on the repeater's main receiver).  So, our ideal
solution would be a tail beep generater which would sit in between a
full-featured controller of our choice, and it's main receiver.

Of course, if there were a controller that allowed us to generate a tail
beep on a half-duplex (remote base) style link, that would be even
better...  I've proposed this to several controller manufacturers,
though, but thus far noone has chosen to implement this feature that I
know of...

Thanks,
Chris, KG0BP