The simplest way is just to get the IOTA supply and
float it across the battery. Thats it, nothing else
needed. Get an IOTA big enough to power whatever you
have, and still have some left over for charging. You
don't need (or want) diodes, resistors, or relays.

It shouldn't be that easy, but in this case it is. I
have some commercial sites that we run this way
without problems. We have some with big Astron
supplies, but we are changing them out to the IOTA.
The new supplies will pay for themselves in a couple
of years due to higher efficiency over the linear
Astrons.

The Astrons will also work well, with very minor mods.
You still don't need the diodes. We have used the
Astrons for over 12 years this way, the IOTAs for
about 2.5 .

Joe