> You have a golden opportunity to provide an extremely
> valuable service to the radio community!  If you can obtain
> the use of a wattmeter, you can make a comparison between the
> two power supplies.  One such meter is the "KILL A WATT"
> meter that is sold under several brand names.  It is
> inexpensive, and accurate enough for our purposes.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, the TPN1151A was still a ferro supply just
like a TPN1110B.  It had some kind of a switching circuit that was specific
to that model (which was the battery backup version power supply for the
Micor), but the main high current supply was still a ferro.  At least that's
how I remember it.  I can't remember ever having either of those supplies
fail (not even filter caps!) that I've never had to spend much time inside
them, nor their respective manual pages.

If there's really interest in something like this, I can take both types of
Micor supplies, a GE M2 ferro, an Astron linear, a Duracomm/Iota switcher,
and maybe a few other things I have around and load test them at a few
different current draw points (something like no load, standby @2A,
mid-power transmit @ 15A, and high-power transmit @ 30A) and come up with a
table.  I have a Transistor Devices electronic load good for 1000 watts so I
can do this with a fairly high degree of accuracy. I also have a Kill-A-Watt
along with traditional RMS-reading DVM's and amp-clamps too.  If there's
interest email me and I'll put it on the ham projects to-do list.

I'm thinking of a tabulation of input E/I/PF/VA/watts, output E/I/watts, and
efficiency (watts out vs watts out).  Would that cover it?

                                                --- Jeff