In 1979 Mike Lamb, N7ML, founder of AEA once published a brief by Don Reynolds
entitled 'Facts About Proper VHF Vertical Antenna Design' which describes the
"Isopole" design in detail. If I recall correctly the design falls under patent
# 4352109 (viewable at the U.S. Patent website). Later this week I will try to
scan the published brief and send the images to Mike, perhaps he can assemble
them into a folder or .pdf on the RB website. Both the patent and the brief
describe the design in detail and I hope they answer your questions. Oh, the
Isopole was only offered in 2m, 220Mhz, and 440Mhz as well as a few commercial
bands.
Gary