> Nate and group,
>
> Sorry, a 304 has 8, a DB-228 still only has 8 elements and is
basically two

The tech's at DB Products said that they did make a DB-304DL.
The "DL" stands for double arrays. And it has 16 dipoles. They just
don't have any infomation on it anymore.

> DB-224's (4 dipoles) stacked vertically.  The 304 looks a little
like a
> DB-410 in that the dipoles are opposite each other still on a 20
something
> foot mast.  The DB-228 still has 8 elements but spread out on a 40
something
> foot mast.  They both have their places, I don't think DB makes the
304 any
> longer, too bad.

DB quit making the 304 in the 70's.  I posted a picture in the photo
section of this group of the one that I have. It is a "E" model

> In my paging days a DB-304 had a lot better lobe straight down and
would
> cover tall buildings in a single bound where a 224 seemed to have a
null
> right under the antenna.  The designers of the 304 antenna never
understood
> that one.  I put a DB-228 up for a customer a couple years ago,
they said
> they talked places where they never have and are very happy
compared to the
> old antenna.  I am planning on putting one on my tower as the
receive
> antenna since a new customer is coming on with a high band system.
It will