I believe the cap you speak of is to delay the transmitter
on/keyed for an additional time, which the mfgr specs at
200mS (milli seconds).  Removing or lowering the cap value
would reduce the delayed ptt time.

The focus of my post is to ask people how their true reverse
burst decoders respond to the time from the reverse burst
phase inverter until the delayed ptt drops the transmitter.

For some x-value of time the ctcss decoder receives the
phase shifted ctcss, which remains on constant until the
tx drops. I'm interested to know how the various decoders
handle short reverse burst "inverted" tone.

I'm heading toward the question of "is it better to reduce
or remove (mute) the ctcss after the phase shift or just
not worry about it?".  As mentioned in one reply... there
might be enough time for some fast decoders to "re-lock" on
the inverted ctcss before the tx drops.  200 mS might not
be much time but... is/does it possibly confuse some of the
reverse burst ctcss decoders?

thanks so far for your replies...  keep them coming.

cheers,
skipp