At 1/20/2007 08:42, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've been working on this problem for a while and have not come up
>with any good solutions. So I'm hoping to find someone that has "been
>there, done that" with some suggestions.
>
>The issue is that I want to add a same-band remote base to an
>existing repeater. The main problem is that the remote base is a
>transceiver and I can't find a way to provide proper isolation
>to/from the repeater.
>
>Here are the frequencies, but it looks like it really doesn't matter
>all that much. The repeater transmits on 443.300, receives on
>443.800. We're using a typical UHF pass-reject duplexer with about 70
>db of isolation between those two freqs. The remote base will
>transmit on 444.225 and receive on 449.225.
>
>I can put two antennas on the tower, but my horizontal space will be
>less than 20 feet.

That's not going to help much unless you use a Yagi for the rmt. base
antenna & put the side null into the rptr. ant.  You really need vertical
isolation.

>If the remote base had a separate tx and rx, then a band pass can
>with a notch can (on the repeater freqs) on each side would probably
>work fine.
>
>Anyone have a good solution?

A friend of mine actually brought the RX input of a Kenwood TM-241 out
separately so it could be connected to a community RX antenna some 60 ft.
away from the 2 meter repeater TX antennas.  We were also able to add an
isolator to the TX (to be a good neighbor) & filters & pads to the RX line
until the IMD dropped to minimal levels.  The 241 has rather poor dynamic
range.

Bob NO6B