From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder]Transmitting interior temperature

I did a search for talking thermometer and came up with the following item
for about 20 bucks:
http://www.sightconnection.com/plu-477.html

If your controller has outputs that you can control by touchtone you can
wire the output to the pushbutton on the thermometer.  Then couple the audio
of the thermometer to the repeater transmitter.  You can then query the
repeater for temperature whenever you wanted.  You would have to keep the
repeater keyed up during the talking, possibly by a macro in the coontroller
if it has that ability.  This is an indoor-outdoor thermometer so you could
read the temp both inside and outside the cabinet.

If you lack outputs on your controller you could wire up a circuit to key up
the repeater and send the temperature once an hour or so.

Joe

From: "Butch Kanvick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>