Paul Metzger wrote:

>Anyone able to help me with manuals for a Tait800 Slimline UHF
>(T855-20 and T856-20). I also need to find out how to program it and
>what is required to do so.
>
>  I appreciate any help, Thanks !
>

>Paul MEtzger
>KQ6EH

Paul,

There are two versions of the Tait T800s. Series I and Series II. Series
I use PROMs for channel information and Series II use EEPROMs. The older
version needs a PROM programmer and the newer version just needs the
correct software and a serial interface cable. The newer version's
documentation is available in PDF form, but AFAIK, the older  is only
available in printed form.

If you are unsure as to which version you have, remove the top cover and
look just forward of where the DB15 is. If there is a 28 pin DIP on a
small daughter board, they are series I.

If you are going to use these in southern California, due to the 20 KHz
channel spacing, if they are series I you will need to use a hex editor
to generate your EPROM files as the factory software did not support 20
KHz (only 12.5 & 25 KHz).

Ed Yoho
WA6RQD