However, if that is all you can get, then go for it. I have seen guys
mount a Rohn 25 type tower on the platform where the railing is, mount
the antenna on top of the tower section(s) and then the top of the
antenna will see over the top of the water tower.

Problem is, there's a fire repeater on the top, and they want us on
the side, specificially NOT above the side.

I'm just looking for a way to predict the pattern(s) so I can plug
that into RM, and see if it's worth spending a bucket of money to
change to this site.