--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Kelsey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Tell us how much money you expect to spend and the group can tell
you what
> you may be able to get for that amount.

Chuck - I'll try to give you some details and cost.

2@ Icom F-121, cables, setup and tuned New - $ 750.

1@ Repeater Controller NHRC 3+   $ 200.

1set 4 tube - Tel-wave used Duplexer - $ 850.

1 @ 2 meter dipole stick $ 75.

Tech charges to re-tune Telewave Duplexer - $ 175.

65' LMR400 - antenna mast - gable end mount - Lighting arrestor,
ground 4@ rods, clamps and ground conductor # 4 bare. Misc. $ 450.

That totals about $ 2,500. for mostly new gear.

Note: the total cost is over 4 times the cost of the repeater - which
is what most people get hung up on.  If all the gear isn't of good
quality and compatible your results will be poor.  When setting up a
2 meter repeater the actual repeater and good quality properly tuned
duplexer make or break the system.  The cheap duplexers from the far
east don't get the job done.  If your need is for an inexpensive
repeater I suggest you look in to the .70 centimeter equipment as it
can be done for a third the cost of a well equipped and setup 2 meter
rig

Good Luck
EasyLyle
K4tg0 & WQCM810