--
> They promise the moon and almost deliver it. The radios work pretty
> well except they shoot themselves in the foot with what appears to
> be a 3-cent mic element.  So the tx audio sounds like the user has
> a sock/rag (or equiv) in his/her mouth.  If they get the tx audio
> problem fixed... we're going to see a heck of a lot more of them.

I know the ones.  There's a guy here with one, very "distinctive"
audio.  Still, they are pretty inexpensive, and I do like the red case
option.  I worry about the batteries though.  I have had very bad and
very exciting experiences with off-brand NIMH cells.  As in "rapid
heating and explosive venting of boiling electrolyte".

But that only happened in about 1% of the cells we got from china.