Hi Bob,

The sad part is that no current low cost digital delay will easily
ramp back to zero time delay while in operation.

An analog delay could be ramped back to zero in operation to reduce
the delay after each new tx.

But alas no repeater mfgr is making cheap analog delays anymore...
or for the most part even expensive analog delays. I've asked a
few of them...

cheers,
skipp