I am rather new to this group and maybe shouldn't be critical of anything on
the site at this stage but here it goes anyway.

I notice in the below referenced article on antenna separation that it is
stated that the "graphs are misleading and no where near accurate for modern
day solid state equipment".

http://www.repeater
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/separation.html>
-builder.com/antenna/separation.html>

That is not correct as the graphs for antenna isolation show approximately
how much isolation can be expected with a given amount of separation either
vertically or horizontally. This has nothing to do with the amount of
isolation NEEDED for proper duplex operation.

The amount of isolation needed is a function of the transmitter and receiver
being used. One type of tx-rx combination may need a different amount of
isolation than another type used with the same antenna isolation.

Maybe someone would want to correct the above?

As another note in the article it suggested using a spectrum analyzer to
tune the receiver's local oscillator chain for lowest noise. While that is
one approach, an easier and probably more accurate way of doing it is to use
a sinadder on the receiver while tuning it up. Tuning everything for best
sinadd will result in best signal to noise performance of the receiver which
would also include lowest noise out of the local oscillator chain.

I hope I don't step on any toes here.

73

Gary  K4FMX