Depends on which made for hams stuff you're talking about. Would you
consider a comercial low band radio that normally includes the 6 meter
band as being "made for ham"?  Aside from the above it's pretty easy
to move a lot of commercial radios up to the six meter band.

Actually... as hard as a customer of mine has tried... his two low
band Midland Syntech mobiles made into a repeater just keep on ticking
even though he and his crew seem to enjoy "lock to talk" rather
windy operation.

I expected the tx radio pa to burn up years ago but so far the
equipment just plays and plays. Not even a fan on the heat sink.

So... If you move some serious air past the tx radio pa and/or bolt
some additional heatsink mass to the tx pa section. you might just
pull off the perfect murder on six meters.  ... and at a mucho
lower price.

cheers,
skipp