You might try ZoopSeal. this product is used on aluminum wheels, valve
covers, manifolds, etc., to keep them from pitting, tarnishing, etc.  It
does make the item fairly water-resistant after application.  (I've only
seen it demonstrated on TV and the demo was NOT an infomercial.)

It is available from Jegs (auto supply) at:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_10001_10002_752641_-1

Here's the company's web site:

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

Just make sure you have the parts that NEED to have electrical contact
firmly installed in place before you use this product.  It is a liquid, and
MAY seep between items.  I do not know whether this product could cause the
parts to become insulated from each other. might want to contact the
manufacturer before with questions.

73!

Mark - N9WYS

  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Captainlance

Auto part stores carry Aluminum wheel cleaner, it is a strong chemical that
strips off oxidation and leaves a clean , raw, surface. The only problem is
that raw aluminum starts to oxidize immediately. You will need to covert the
antenna with a coating of clear urethane to stop this from happening . This
can be done with spray or brush.

Lance N2HBA