With all due respect to your father Jim, I think that 4 db of gain is
wishful thinking. A 5/8 wave length antenna theoretically is a little over 3
db and in real life 3 db is seldom realized. If I am not mistaken a .64
wavelength would have at most a tenth of a db advantage over a 5/8 antenna.

73
Gary  K4FMX