Good article Jim.

Beware of some things that you read on the web though. For example an
article on antennas in wikipida says that by using a folded dipole rather
than a regular dipole "increases the radiation resistance" by a factor of 4.
While the folded dipole does provide for a higher feed point resistance it
does NOT increase the radiation resistance.

73
Gary  K4FMX