Well I have gone back to Decibel catalogue 23.  Older books discarded.  I am
pretty sure that at one time the DB224 was rated at 4.5 dBd, and then later
at 6 dBd., but this is from memory, I can't find an older catalogue.

Regarding a clean and shiny antenna, we had a discussion at coffee.  The
preposition was that radio waves and light have many similarities, ie.,
wavelength, reflection, Fresnel behavior, and so forth.  Using these
similarities, a mirror reflects light, and a dark surface absorbs light,
sooooooooooooooooo, wouldn't a shiny antenna reflect incoming signals while
a dark colored antenna absorbs signals?  This may only apply to receiving
antennas - hope I can get this idea to market before the April 1 edition of
QST..         .... ..    .... ..     de nu5d