At 10:34 AM 2/26/2007, you wrote:

>I am building a 440 portable repeater out of a pair of GM300 radios and
>a Harris Alpha mobile duplexer.
>
>I believe that I tuned the duplexer properly and it notches the xmit
>signal by about 55db on the receive side.
>
>Using my signal generator as a source, it takes about 10db more signal
>to key the contoller with the transmitter on than with it off.
>
>I am wondering if this is normal or if I have more work to do.

<---You didn't say what the model of the duplexer is and it is hard
to say if you're meeting spec or not without that info. How many
cavities? How long are the cavities?

Also, when you tuned the duplexer did you make sure you have a known
50 ohm on EACH PORT (which usually involves using 3 or 6 dB pads)?
Also how did you tune it?

More info would be good in order to help!

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net