Hi Skipp,
I've looked and not found such an adjustment. The RBTI page shows a
hidden variable inductor, but that isn't the element I have. The
element I have is labeled KXN1095A; maybe that's not what I have, but
that's the label on it.
This element has the IDC adjustment, and one variable inductor for
frequency adjustment. There's an access hole in the top of the
element cover for each.

At 10:01 AM 3/15/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Robin,
>
>There is a range adjustment under the cover of In/on some msr-2000 &
>mitrek channels. You simply need to range the coarse adjustment
>within the ball park.
>
>Also know the crystals will age and change a bit over the first few
>months of operation.
>
>Some people cut open the channel element top to expose the coarse
>range adjustment but I've never bothered.  Just know the channel
>element cover being on or off will change the output Frequency
>quite a bit. So you need to ensure the alignment is checked with the
>cover in place.
>

>Funny... I had this same problem the last time I bought ICM rocks.
>But I don't have this problem when using Bomar crystals.  Both
>brands of crystals work very well... I just like Bomar's much cheaper price.
>
>cheers,
>skipp
>
> > Robin Midgett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Either I'm missing something or ICM sent me defective crystals.
> > I ordered two pairs of crystals to put a MSR-2000 repeater on 147.105
> > Tx / 147.705 Rx. I've tried both Tx crystals in the KXN1095A channel
> > element only to find the frequency to end up ~36kHz. high. The
> > crystal itself is putting out energy at 12.26180 MHz.; it should be
> > 12.25875 MHz. The bag label indicates them to be cut for 12.25875,
> > but they don't oscillate at (barely even near) that frequency.
> > Should I have to pad the new crystals with a cap to net them on
> > frequency? If so, what value?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robin Midgett K4IDC
> > VHF+ Glutton EM66se